Children & Teens
Our Children’s Ministry Purpose Statement
Our children are as important as important gets. Consequently, we want to give our best to prepare them for, and engage them in, the spiritual journey:
- Our children’s program introduces our children to the four practices at the heart of our community. We create opportunities for kids to explore and experience the communal, contemplative, learning and serving practices.
- Our children’s team partners with our families to reinforce important values at home and to help equip our young people for the spiritual journey before them. Our hope for them is a lifetime of learning, growing, and listening to the indwelling Divine.
Nursery and Preschool Times
Sunday Early Service – Childcare provided for ages birth through 5 years old. Drop off and sign-in begins 15 minutes before service (8:45 a.m.). Pick up 15 minutes after service ends.
Sunday Late Service – Drop off and sign-in begins 15 minutes before service (10:30 a.m.). Pick up 15 minutes after service ends.
Sunday Late Service – Bring your child with you to the chapel at 10:45 a.m. We’ll dismiss them from there.
Meet The Teachers
Our Teen Purpose Statement
The teen ministry at Common Thread works to create a safe and nurturing environment where our young people can experience connections:
- Connections with adults who love them
- Connections with a safe and supporting community of peers
- Connections with the ancient spiritual wisdom and tradition
- Connections with the Divine Spirit within them
Middle and High School Times
Sunday Late Service Only – Bring them with you to the chapel at 10:45 a.m. We’ll dismiss them from there.
Michael Walker helps create an environment for middle and high schoolers to feel welcome and encouraged. They gather together regularly for community, fun, friendship, and support. It is our hope that they experience vibrant spirituality, a strong sense of community, and learn to serve the world.
Have Questions? Want to get involved?
We are always looking for extra hands in our classrooms.
Julia Thomson is our staff member carrying the concerns of our children and teens. She’s a great resource. If you would like more information or if you would like to be a part of our children’s or teen’s ministry, contact her.